SAN BERNARDINO: A suspect in the mass capturing that killed at least 14 folks in California on Wednesday is “down” soon after investing gunfire with police, authorities said.
“I know there is an lively scene, there had been photographs fired and a suspect is down,” Sergeant Vicki Cervantes of San Bernardino Law enforcement instructed reporters.
A physique could be seen around a bullet-riddled SUV, with dozens of law enforcement autos swarming close to, in accordance to stay television footage.
Also Read through: California Shootings: Incident Transpired Throughout Agency’s Banquet, Suggests CEO
Bomb disposal authorities could be seen bordering the vehicle and fanning out across the community in a massive-scale law enforcement operation.
“There is an lively scene unfolding in San Bernardino. Preliminary info is a suspect is down, officers are alright. Not verified if related,” the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office tweeted.
Cervantes stated it was not recognized if any officers ended up hit in the exchange of fire.
“I know all officers are alright. No matter whether or not they had been struck I will not know.”
Police said before that up to three folks experienced entered a heart for the disabled in San Bernardino, killing at minimum 14 folks prior to fleeing the scene in a darkish colored car.
Courts, metropolis and county structures in the surrounding region ended up locked down as a manhunt unfolded for the suspects.