A shoe law enforcement believe belonged to slain Queensland schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer has been identified in the identical Gold Coastline river exactly where her physique was located.
Detective Inspector Dave Hutchinson declared today the shoe was found a few times in the past, prompting State Crisis Support volunteers and police divers to research the Pimpama River again nowadays.
Law enforcement suspect the 12-12 months-old Marsden State High Faculty pupil was murdered, and continue to look for for her faculty uniform and backpack.
“We have discovered this shoe as getting similar to the a single Tia was wearing at the time,” he mentioned.
“We do imagine that is her shoe.”
Fishermen found Tiahleigh’s entire body on the financial institution of the river on November 5, six times soon after she was final seen.
- Photograph: Friends and family members of Tiahleigh Palmer have her coffin into the memorial provider. (AAP: Dan Peled)
- Picture: A Criminal offense Stoppers marquee established up outdoors Marsden State Large University on early morning of November 13, 2015 to support police in their proceed attraction for details regarding the dying of suspected murder sufferer Tiahleigh Palmer. (Equipped: Queensland Law enforcement Provider)
- Image: Police frequented Marsden State Substantial Faculty hoping to get data which could aid resolve the case. (ABC News: Terri Begley)
- Image: Law enforcement have set up a Criminal offense Stoppers tent at Marsden State Higher Faculty as they look for details on Tiahleigh’s loss of life. (ABC News: Terri Butler)
- Picture: Police briefing Point out Crisis Services volunteers in advance of the look for for Tiahleigh Palmer’s belongings, on land close to Marsden Faculty. (ABC Information: Courtney Wilson)
- Photograph: An SES volunteer searches drains for the belongings of the twelve-12 months-aged, in scrub off Chambers Flat Road at Marsden. (ABC News: Courtney Wilson )
- Photo: Individuals collected to bear in mind Tiahleigh Palmer at a candlelight vigil at a park around her Marsden Point out Large Faculty, south of Brisbane. (ABC Information: Scott Kyle)
- Picture: Individuals collected to keep in mind Tiahleigh Palmer at a candlelight vigil at a park in close proximity to her Marsden Point out Large Faculty, south of Brisbane. (ABC News: Scott Kyle)
- Picture: 12yo suspected murder sufferer Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer, whose entire body was identified on the financial institutions of the Pimpama River on Queensland’s northern Gold Coast on November 5, 2015. (Equipped: Queensland Police Service)
- Photograph: twelve-calendar year-outdated Tiahleigh Palmer was very last seen at a Marsden college at eight:10am on Friday, Oct 30, 2015. (Supplied: Queensland Police Support)
- Photo: Backpack equivalent to one utilized by suspected murder victim 12yo Tiahleigh Palmer. (Supplied: Queensland Police Services)
- Image: Police on the ground at Kerkin Street North, Pimpama, the day soon after a entire body of an unknown girl was found there on the banking institutions of the Pimpama River on November five, 2015. (Supplied: Queensland Police Provider)
- Photograph: Students have still left floral tributes to their murdered mate, Tiahleigh Palmer, outside the house Marsden State Large Faculty. (ABC Information: Kristina Harazim)
- Picture: Mourners area flowers and toys exterior Marsden State Large School to honour twelve-year-outdated suspected murder sufferer Tiahleigh Palmer, south of Brisbane, on November seven, 2015 (ABC Information: Nick Wiggins)
- Photograph: Bouquets and toys left at the gates of the Marsden college, south of Brisbane, in which twelve-year-old Tiahleigh Palmer was a student. (ABC Information: Nick Wiggins)
- Picture: Police proceed to look into on November 8, 2015 at a remote spot on the Pimpama River on Queensland’s northern Gold Coast, the place 12-12 months-previous Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer’s physique was located on November 5. (ABC Information: Kristina Harazim)
- Picture: Law enforcement and SES volunteers at Pimpama on Queensland’s northern Gold Coastline in close proximity to in which 12-12 months-outdated Logan female Tiahleigh Palmer’s body was identified. (ABC News: Nick Wiggins)
Gallery: Tiahleigh Palmer murder investigation
Subject areas: murder-and-manslaughter, pimpama-4209, ipswich-4305, brisbane-4000, logan-central-4114