Leveson inquest views mobile phone records of missing man’s partner

Agen Sabung Ayam

By Ursula Malone

Posted December 09, 2015 19:09:fifty six

An inquest into the disappearance of Sydney male Matthew Leveson has heard that his spouse Michael Peter Atkins waited four times prior to trying to contact him on his cell telephone.

Mr Leveson was previous seen leaving a Sydney nightclub with Mr Atkins in the early hrs of September 23, 2007.

Cell phone records produced at the inquest showed Mr Atkins sent a string of text messages attractive for Mr Leveson to get in contact.

One text sent from Mr Atkins’ cellular telephone two days right after the disappearance read through: “Baby will you remember to call me! So nervous about you! Just call! xxxxx”

But the inquest heard that it was not right up until Mr Leveson had been lacking for 4 times that Mr Atkins tried out to call him on his cell mobile phone.

Counsel aiding Lester Fernandez said the mobile phone knowledge confirmed that Mr Atkins manufactured 4 calls to his lover’s cellular telephone on September 27, 2007.

The previous call, he said, was dialled at 5:37pm soon right after Mr Atkins experienced been interviewed by law enforcement.

Matthew Leveson and Michael Atkins leaving Arq nightclub in Darlinghurst, Sydney in 2007. Picture: Matthew Leveson (left) was last seen leaving a nightclub at Darlinghurst in the early several hours of September 23, 2007. (Supplied)

Detective Senior Constable Scott Craddock mentioned police had requested a “triangulation” of Mr Leveson’s cellular.

This revealed that his mobile phone experienced last been switched on when it was passing a cell tower on King George’s Highway in Beverly Hills at five:20pm on September 26, 2007.

Three times later on, police identified Mr Leveson’s cell mobile phone beneath a mat in the entrance passenger seat for the duration of a research of Mr Atkins’ automobile.

A witness referred to by the pseudonym “Steve Jones” advised the inquest that he observed Mr Atkins at The Arq nightclub on the evening of the disappearance.

He said that in 2007 he experienced on several events purchased ecstasy tablets from Mr Atkins.

“Mr Jones” could not remember if he experienced observed Mr Atkins and Mr Leveson with each other that night but explained he had witnessed them at the club many times prior to that.

“They just seemed like an ordinary pair to me,” he said.

The inquest was played raw footage filmed by Channel Ten displaying a reporter pursuing Mr Atkins together a avenue following a court appearance around August 2008.

The reporter questioned Mr Atkins if he realized what took place to his companion.

Mr Atkins replies: “I wasn’t the previous particular person to see him.”

The reporter asks: “Who was the very last individual to see him?”

Mr Atkins responds: “A number of individuals.”

Counsel assisting said a mattock and gaffer tape acquired at a hardware store by Mr Atkins on the same working day as the disappearance had by no means been found.

Neither experienced the outfits that Mr Atkins was donning that working day.

Right after an inquest in 2008, Mr Atkins was charged with murdering Mr Leveson but was afterwards acquitted by a jury.

Deputy Condition Coroner Elaine Truscott is keeping a 2nd inquest to re-look at the evidence in the hope of shedding much more gentle on the fate of the missing man.

The inquest proceeds.

Topics: courts-and-trials, law-crime-and-justice, darlinghurst-2010, sutherland-2232

Just In

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *